Wednesday, December 21, 2011

It Was A good Day



I was working and heard the FedEx guy come into the office and say “delivery for Bernard” to the receptionist. My first paycheck was sent to me via FedEx so I thought it was paperwork being sent from HR. When I looked up, a beautiful Edible Arrangement was being delivered to me. I frowned and said “Oh, that’s not for me.” She said it was for me but I was sure it was a mistake. There’s got to be some sort of mix up, I thought, because I never get deliveries (wha-wha). Then I thought maybe it is for me but what an odd gift for HR to send. It was politely suggested that I open the card (instead of staring at the arrangement in puzzlement) so, still frowning, I read the card and it was a gift for me and the boys from my buddy, Stephanie. Mystery solved!! What a sweet and thoughtful cupcake she is.

I decided that was the perfect time to take my lunch break and go shopping and call Stephanie.  I was talking to her on the phone as I walked from the parking lot into the store. I finished my shopping and then stood in line to check out. Ironically, I had just seen a Modern Family episode in which Cam and Jay were changing in a locker room and had their backs to each other. They bent over at the same time and their butts touched. I thought that was hilarious until I was standing in the checkout line, bent forward to reach into my cart at the same time a woman in the line next to me bent over and we touched butts….EW, not funny!!! 

When I came out of the store I put my key into the car door and it didn’t open. I then used my remote and it still didn’t open….because it was not my car. One day I will learn that not all black cars are mine. I spent the next 5-10 minutes looking for my car. Normally, I don’t lose my car and roll my eyes at those who do but I was distracted by the phone call to Stephanie on my way in. I tried to sound the panic button but my remote is “sometimey” and didn’t work. I finally found my car and then the panic alarm had the nerve to go off (in that order.)

So it was a good day full of me laughing at myself and feeling like a supahstah getting an Edible Arrangement delivery!!

No comments:

Post a Comment